Richard H. Mains Member
Location Lexington, Kentucky
Rich is a founding member of Rose Grasch Camenisch Mains PLLC and has been licensed and actively practicing since 1998. Rich began his practice in 1998 in the Dallas office of a large Texas law firm where he represented clients primarily in public securities offerings and merger and acquisition transactions. From 2000 – 2015, Rich was an attorney, and partner beginning in 2005, in the Lexington, Kentucky office of a large regional firm in its corporate practice group.
At Rose Grasch Camenisch Mains PLLC, Rich’s practice continues to focus on representing businesses in a variety of industries in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and compliance, financing for both lenders and borrowers, corporate governance and real estate.
Rich, a native of Maysville, Kentucky, is a summa cum laude graduate of Transylvania University and the University of Kentucky, College of Law.
Rich has represented clients in wide-variety of transactions and industries, including the following:
- Publicly-traded company in an approximately $500 million secured, syndicated credit facility.
- Representation of a variety of clients in acquisitions, financing and disposition of real property and related assets.
- Acquisition and dispositions of various sizes, for both private and publicly-traded clients in a variety of industries, including energy, financial services, manufacturing, technology and distribution.
- Small and start-up companies in capital raises involving private offering of both debt and equity in a variety of industries, including social media, equine, technology, space and financial services.
- Publicly-traded coal company in its financial support of the development of a long-wall mine in the Illinois Basin, with total project financing funded by client in the $400 – 525 million range, including preferred equity financing, sale-leaseback financing and equipment financing.
- Entrepreneurs in entity selection, formation and capitalization.
- Publicly-traded and closely held bank holding companies in acquisition of banks, bank holding companies, a non-depository trust company and an FDIC assisted transaction.
- Borrowers in an extensive range of financing from large, syndicated credit facilities to one-lender term loans, acquisition loans and operating lines of credit.
- Publicly-traded bank holding companies in PIPE offerings.
- Community banks in loans, troubled asset workouts and regulatory compliance issues.
- Bidders and purchases in bankruptcy auctions, including a chain of book stores, a refinery and convenience stores.
- Publicly-traded utility in a $58 million private notes offering as part of a $75 million shelf facility.
- Nasdaq, NYSE and over-the-counter traded clients in their periodic SEC filings.
- Publicly-traded client in $100 million receivables securitization facility.
- Publicly-traded bank holding company in a “Dutch auction” self-tender offer.
- Representation of foreign clients in investments in domestic companies and commencing operations in the United States.
- Representation of domestic client opening a foreign office.
- Texas, 1998
- Kentucky, 2001
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. summa cum laude– 1998
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Kentucky Law Journal, Member
- Transylvania University
- B.A. summa cum laude– 1995
- Foreign Ownership of Real Property in Kentucky, Kentucky Bench & Bar, Vol. 69, Issue 1, January, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America ® 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Areas of Law included: Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Best Lawyers in America ®, Lawyer of the Year
- 2018 & 2020 – Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Lexington, KY
- 2014 – Securities/Capital Markets, Lexington, KY
- SuperLawyers ® 2019 & 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell – Distinguished Rating – Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement for 2016
- Board Member and past President – Spindletop Hall, Inc.
- Former National Counsel – Omicron Delta Kappa Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Fayette County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member, (inactive)