Location Lexington, Kentucky
Al also counsels businesses on employment issues, transactions and daily operations. His clients include many prominent Central Kentucky businesses and local operations of national organizations.
Al has received the prestigious rating of “AV” from Martindale-Hubbell, awarded only to Kentucky’s top lawyers. The “AV” rating, based on peer evaluations, is the top rating for both legal abilities and professional ethics.
Upon graduation from Transylvania University (B.A., cum laude, 1980), Al served as a lobbyist for the Kentucky Retail Federation. In 1985, he graduated in the top 5% of his class from the University of Kentucky College of Law. He was elected to the Order of the Coif and the Kentucky Law Journal. Al began his legal career with a large regional firm. He established his own practice in 1992. Al has served and provided leadership on several professional and civic boards. He was the race chair for the Lexington affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for both 2006 and 2007. Al’s current civic volunteer services include serving as Corporate Sponsor Committee Chairperson for Central Kentucky’s Children’s Charities Foundation.
- Kentucky, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1985
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1985
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1985
- Honors: With High Distinction, Order of the Coif
- Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts cum laude – 1980
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fayette County Bar Association, Member, 1985 – Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 1985 – Present